Saturday, October 16, 2010

a mirror of madness

School is difficult, it really is. I am not talking about the never ending extent of hormone induced drama by the young and old alike, I am talking about the ever present pressure to look alike. Have you ever noticed it? Walking through the hallways of my school I see mini clones of the typical high school student, fully outfitted in American Eagle, Abercrombie and Fitch and Hollister. I hate how much the general population is over obsessed with brands, let me say it right now, you are NOT fashionable if your entire outfit is from any of the three stores written above; you are only a follower.

Every time I first walk through those doors in the morning I feel as if I am being judged for what I am wearing, because I wear no brands. I am not an advertisement. I refuse to pay hundreds of dollars to be a walking billboard. Now, don't get me wrong, I am not a wannabe hippie who never wears new clothes and only wears "vintage" clothing. I will wear brands, as long as they are not plastered with advertising, because that is simply ridiculous.

Hello, welcome to my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment